Sunday, February 6, 2011

Happy Lunar New Year! ~

I'm pretty late but...... HAPPY LUNAR NEW YEAR!!!


I am Vietnamese, and yes I DO celebrate it! (So do Koreans!) The difference being in my culture is that we celebrate the Year of the CAT, instead of the BUNNY. :( Which I am terribly disappointed in because bunnies are my favourite animals, and well cats... I'm not too fond of them.


Cat-ny, Buncat?.. -.-"

The pic up there is myself in a traditional Vietnamese, "Ao Dai." I decided to well red to match the lunar new year theme colour. :) (Usually Vietnamese brides wear red for their wedding as well!) And if you're thinking that your eyesight might have gotten a bit worse.. don't worry, I blurred my face 'lightly' for privacy reasons! LOL


Vietnamese Girls in Ao Dai(s)

The 'Ao Dai' comes in a sorts of colours and styles. The picture above shows the traditional simple version. Amazingly, the Ao Dai is becoming an international fashion trend. It was used in the Miss Universe pageant recently where all the contestants don a unique Ao Dai.


Miss Hong Kong and Miss USA in an Ao Dai

I love how the Ao Dai can make ANY woman look so elegant, and classy. :)

Other great news, I was able to snag a sample of the Hello Kitty fragrance at Sephora that was launched last month.




I actually do love the smell, its gentle and sweet. But I must question whether $64CAD is worth it for a small bottle..... It's very cute thought! Wah :'(

I'm not too crazy about the collection (which is a VERY good thing for my wallet). It's overpriced, and the quality isn't top-notched as I would like it to be.

Anyways, I know it's been too long since I have last 'pooped' out a blog. It's currently past midnight on Sunday (or technically MONDAY, groan.) And my body is slowly shutting down on me. (Yes, I'm not really a night person. I love/need my sleep!)

Toodless ! ~

7 comments:

  1. You look so pretty in that dress *-*!!
    and Happy Lunar New Year ~!

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww you are so cute in that ao dai! i didn't wear it for many years ^^

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, nice dress. :) I've seen some of that in pictures but I didn't know that it's called "Ao Dai" That's pretty interesting and the culture too! :))

    ~Marielle
    http://mariellespeaks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look so pretty! Red is definitely you color! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yaay! Ao Dai! I love the dress but lol, I need the body shape for it. You look really pretty in it :) I think I'm late but "Chuc mung nam moi!"

    I want some stuff from the HK collection @ Sephora but I can't justify the price tags =.=

    ReplyDelete
  6. Even though you sort of blurred your face, I can still see the gorgeousness seeping through. You're pretty! : )

    xx The Little Dust Princess

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha, catbunny ;]

    Ao dai, you look really pretty in it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to read, and comment! I'll be sure to comment back asap. ;) Have a nice day! Xo.