Saturday, January 21, 2012

To Be Career Minded or a Hopeless Romantic

As a woman growing up, and living in the 21st century, it is no longer considered the standard or 'normal' for woman to be housewives, and bear children before hitting the age of 20. We've been raised to continue education after high school, and have our own careers instead of relying only on our husbands. Basically become and established our own identity as an independent successful individual.

Many successful women in the media are considered "career driven." Their career is very important to them, as they have poured sweats, tears, and years of their lives to establish such success. (Examples: Oprah, Madonna, Kardashians.)


Reason I shamefully added the Kardashian family in it is because although their existence is annoying, you can't deny that they make millions because of it. And although it doesn't look like much, it still take hard work to create such an "empire" base on their names.

I, myself, have said to myself that I want to establish a stable career before heading down the aisle and having children. I was very sure that I did not want to settle down early (before the age of 24), and would hopefully get everything sorted our by age 30. (Ridiculous how us women have a time limit for babies. :( )

But today I was watching a drama where a couple decided to divorce based on certain complications of career choices, but also because the wife felt that she had not been able to expand her career since she had settled down early, and had a child with him. I thought it was very sad that such circumstances would destroy 15 years of marriage. (Yes, I know it's all fiction but I'm sure it happens in reality.)

Although this is all based on observations, and 'inside sources,' it seems like a lot of celebrity/Hollywood marriages fail due to one of the duo having a bigger career, or a rise in fame. Take for example, a recent divorce case, Katy Perry and Russell Brands. For basically the whole year of 2011, Katy spent it touring around the world, and receiving a bunch of awards, AND filming awesome music videos. It's none of my business, but I did wonder, "How did she have time to spend with her newly wed husband??"


Also the infamous short marriage between Kim Kardashian and Kris Humphries. There was a video clip from their reality tv show, how Kris wanted Kim to move back to his home town and have children right away; while Kim still wants to continue on her career and stay in New York. I laughed like a bitch when Kris said that 'no one would give a fuck about Kim Kardashian in a few years' (worded differently, but same meaning.)

Lady Gaga had said this:

Some women choose to follow men, and some women choose to follow their dreams. If you're wondering which way to go, remember that your career will never wake up and tell you that it doesn't love you anymore.
Lady Gaga

Well, it will also never tell you that it loves you.

I understand why many women chose to pick career over love nowadays. The pain of heartbreak can drive us away from it, and chasing over a man at this present time is considered, "weak."

My point of this whole blog is, don't always pick career over love. Love can be a really amazing thing. And for those who are lucky to have been in love, or even those who had little crushes in school, know how one person can make you so happy by just a word. And it's even more selfish when you have to lose loved ones because of a career.

I am NOT saying that you should give up a career for a man, because you shouldn't. You should be independent and never be fully dependent on a man. I just find it really sad when it has to cause divorces, and marriages should be based on compromising.

It's all about balance. Always make time for a career and love. :)

Just my thought of the day.

8 comments:

  1. awww i love this post! i'm always thinking how to balance love and career..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, balance is always good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hii Lovely, I've awarded you the creative blogger award check my blog for info
    XxX

    ReplyDelete
  4. agreeing with this post, (:

    http://maisecrets.blogspot.com/
    CMPang x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very interesting post hun! I totally agree with you :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with you! You seem to really understand that balance between career and love.

    Great post!

    http://fromtheheartbyloveamatista.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Defs agree- you've said it all. I don't know what else I could add to your words except that I feel so sad for all the a-list stars breaking up (katy/russell, heidi/seal, gwen/gavin) :(

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, very interesting post love it <3
    for me I choosed love than my career I left my dream job and moved to live with my husband in a place when woman cant work (not exactly cant work) but in my ex domain its impossible
    I believe that love happens only once in a life time but opb and career can come and goes...
    Rozaland

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to read, and comment! I'll be sure to comment back asap. ;) Have a nice day! Xo.