Tuesday, January 17, 2012

A Very Michael Kors Christmas

I think Santa wanted to make it up to me for having a bad year, so he gave me an AMAZING, and I must add, very generous, Christmas.

Disclaimer: I am aware that I probably sound like an undeserving, bragging, materialistic female. I apologize in advance. But I just had to share my excitement!!! :D

We didn't have a White Christmas. In fact, it looked like a typical gloomy day in Fall outside... although it was technically Winter. (Yeah, Global Warming is really getting to us. Warmest winter we have had in a while.. :X) -I live in Canada fyi, so yeah we are known to live in igloos and shit..

Let us move on to the superficial part of this blog.

Okay, so you might have probably already figured out from the title.

So this year, I received ............





Michael fucking Kors.



This is a cosmetic pouch that my mother got for me. This came as a gift set when you purchase a certain amount of Estee Lauder products. Love you Ma! Xo.





Details.

And just when I thought I was already a super lucky girl.. my parents pulls this shit out of the closet:







The signature MK. :)



It's a tote bag to match with my little pouch!! AHH OMG! I couldn't believe that my parents would spend so much on me. They then told me that they had purchased this for a bit less than $100. I was really confused, but I swear I saw these designs in the stores RIGHT NOW.

As seen here listed for $198 USD. (The gold version must have sold out, could only find the silver metallic version online.)



Turns out, if you look carefully at the designs. The ones on the site has smaller MKs with a circle around it (much like my cosmetic bag), and my tote bag from Nordstrom Rack has the bigger MKs with no circles. Hmm.. interesting.







And as you can see from these pictures, I was also gifted these lovely Michael Kors Berkley heels from my boyfriend. I wanted these for over two years. And it took two damn years for them to go on sale (at all)!! Talk about FINALLY. Damn brand names... -__-

I tried on the last size 6 before receiving them. I was debating whether or not to purchase them since this would probably be the last I would see of them. So grateful I received them as gifts, I am a very happy girl.

Okay.. so these all the Michael Kors goodies. :)


Wait.. no.


There's one more.


You must be thinking. WTF THIS LUCKY BITCH?!?

Hell yeah. ;)


During one of my work breaks (I work in a shopping mall), I walked in Michael Kors to browse around. I saw the employees wearing the most beautiful sequined dress. (Mind you that this was like a few days before New Years, AND I was still on my quest to find the perfect birthday dress.) So I asked her about it, and she notified me that it was on sale.

Okay so yeah, 15% isn't that much. Especially for a Boxing Week sale. But omg, the dress was so damn gorgeous. I tried it on of course, and damn, was it sparkly. (I love, love, sparkly things.) Original price was $195, went on sale for $179 + 15% = $150 ish before tax. I know, not a cheap dress. Heck, my prom dress was around that much! But seriously.. just look at it.



Note: She's also wearing those heels I got.

So I went home after a long day, and thought about it. I've been working 8 hours for the whole week and worked 40 hours+ even though I am considered part time. I dealt with crazy customers, worked on lack of sleep (I REALLY need my sleep, I function horribly without my ten hours of sleep.) I fucking deserve this dress !! (Might as well get a dress to go with my bags, and shoes. )

And so.. Christmas 2011, I gifted myself with this dress!! And I felt really awesome walking around with a Michael Kors shopping bag, HAHAHAHA!

I actually got a silver version of it, since the gold one sold out rather quickly! :(

I saw quite a few Michael Kors employee with this dress already, I bet they get really good employee discounts!!! -__- Damn bitches.

New Dream Job for 2012: Sales associate at Michael Kors.

Hope everyone had an amazing Christmas!!!



6 comments:

  1. Lol! I laughed at the bit about discounts, but I envy you - the heels look awesome <3 Truly a very Michael Kors Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh you lucky girl you, love all those michael kors goodies! i wish i had cool parents like yous, mind knows nothing about name brand! they would say "michael who????" lol
    the dress is TO DIE FOR! please wear it in a pic

    ReplyDelete
  3. santa is very nice! i hope he will be nice for me this year! xD
    i love the heels @__@ i want these!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Become friends with those employees! :D Then you could ask them to use their discount to buy you a dress. (So you pay them back with the discounted price!)
    Used to do that with a friend of mine who started working in a very expensive store. :p
    Also, then they could chip in a good word for you so you could become an employee aswell! *V*)/

    ReplyDelete
  5. My mother got me the MK makeup kit too!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to read, and comment! I'll be sure to comment back asap. ;) Have a nice day! Xo.