Saturday, May 26, 2012

Settling Abroad with Hey Sailor!

I really did try to think of an interesting title. :(

Do you like my Photoshopped-in hat?

Okay so I know these have been released overseas for quite some time already, and I've been spending my free time reading blog reviews, and swatches while waiting patiently for these to arrive in Canada on May 24th!!

What am I talking about?

The new MAC Summer Collection, Hey Sailor! 

I've always loved anything and  e v e r y t h  i n g  nautical. It is a reoccurring trend that basically comes back every damn year. (Does it even leave?) It's definitely a theme that never gets old. The navy, red, and white combination is absolutely fantastic so you can bet on it that I am completely in love with the MAC Hey Sailor! Collection's packaging.

The official launch date took place on a Thursday which I had school, and work back-to-back. I did manage to take a sneak peek during my break. (Thank goodness I work in a mall!!) I swatched everything that was in sight which only ceased to fuel my excitement as every product was highly pigmented and colourful. But then, what DID I expect from MAC?

Forward to the next day, I knew I needed to stop by and spend time with the collection right away. I was so thankful I finally had a day off, and that it was also PAY DAY. Which means I could afford to splurge on a lipstick, or two... ;) (Foreshadowing!!)

I already had the day planned out; weather was amazing as well which always make going out alot better. Before I hit the MAC counters down town, I went to the mall to locate this bandeau shirt that I have been lusting for almost a month at Garage! I assumed it has arrived in stores since they finally stocked it on their website.

And it was there!!!

It comes in two colours, and I snagged the one in my size. I preferred the other colour but there was only Medium and Large left. So happy that Garage has a free shipping service if you order at the store!! So convenient since my shirt was only $12, and if I wanted to buy it online at home, I would have needed an order over $75. -.-" No thanks la!

I'll write a post about them another time since I don't want to take away the spotlight of my MAC haul. :)

Before stepping into the MAC store, I had limited myself to two products. The plan was a lipstick, and a blush/bronzer.

I tried on basically everything in the collection. Except for the eye shadows which I knew I did not need any more no matter how pretty the colours are!!

So in this collection of 40 or so items, I stuck with my budget and only bought two lipsticks. The bronzer and blush didn't 'wow' me enough to consider a purchase. But I might go back for the bronzer just because of the packaging! I don't really own any bronzers anyway. ;)

"Beauty, to me, is about being comfortable in your own skin. That, or a kick-ass red lipstick." - Gwyneth Paltrow

So which colours did I pick out from the collection?


 Been on the search for the perfect anchored necklace for quite a while. I think I will resume the search. :) The anchor is my own pin that came from a clothing article.

Red Racer & Sail La Vie


*Squeals The packaging is SOO freaking cute !!! I prefer holding onto these than my Chanel lipsticks. I'm in love! 


Here is the Red Racer, which is a hot red lipstick. From what I heard, this has been the most popular pick from the batch of lipsticks! And I can see why, this colour is incredibly sexy. 


Sail La Vie is a more orange type of shade. I used to stay away from anything orange, and orange lips sounded like the ugliest thing back then. But it's summer, and I've been finding different bright shades to have fun with this season! 


Side by side comparison.

I tried doing some swatches, and take some pictures of the items in action, but it failed!! I couldn't properly angle my lips in a way that would make the picture look flattering. Or that I realize my lips don't really have a defined shape which makes it boring. -_- I even googled how to 'take good pictures of your lips."  Wtf.


FOTD/OOTD ! I been wearing alot of purple lately..

I wish I was into MAC make up last year, or whichever year held the Wonder Woman collection. Looking back on the pictures, the packaging is AHH-MAZING. So jelly at all the females that gotten their hands on them!!!

I'm not really into reviews cause I'm not an expert on these things.. but I'll keep you posted how I like these lipsticks and how it looks on me!!! ;)

Did you get anything from this collection?

Xo,
Tifa Mai


28 comments:

  1. love the lipstick packaging, and i'm obsessed with orange lipstick! current favourite orange-coral is the tutti frutti shade by revlon lip butters =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sandy!!! OMG Thanks for the suggesting, I was just thinking that this lipstick isn't orange enough for me ! -_-

      Delete
  2. I love this look! The packaging is cute too! Btw I thought your sailor head was real until I saw your comment lolz :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeahh the packaging is amazing. <3

      Thanks! It means my Photoshop skills are improving. :D

      Delete
  3. Oh, when I first saw your blog header picture, I thought that you look a little like one of our local celebrity. You look adorable with the sailor's hat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :$:$ Aww shucks! Thanks for the compliment. :)
      Xo

      Delete
  4. you are so cute and the sailor collection looks adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks! :) You're quite the cutie yourself. ;)

      Delete
  5. I need to stop by Mac to see if we have this in australia yet! The colors you picked looks really lovely on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YEAH YOU DO GIRL!!!! The packaging are sooo cute, and beautiful wearable colours. :)!!!! Let me know if you get any! And tyty! <3

      Delete
  6. Gosh the packaging is so cute! The colour looks really pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I smile whenever I look at it, :) It's just amazing... ! The colours are fantastic as well. Very good buy :D

      Delete
  7. Thank you for leaving me a sweet note and for following dear. I just followed you too! =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jo!! :) Looking forward to knowing you more. Xo

      Delete
  8. this line has such cute packaging :) theyre really getting more creative with their stuff :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeahh I love it!!! I wish I was into MAC when the Wonder Woman collection came out. Now THOSE packaging were the bomb. <3

      Delete
  9. i loved the sailor collection soooooooooo much, I'm the biggest sailor fan ;D
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. !!!! ME TOOO!!! :) I just got the cutest anchor ring. Sailorrrr sailorrr everyday!

      Delete
  10. yes!! the wonderwoman collection was definitely one of my favourites!! my favourite lipstick from that collection (marquise' d) is almost all used up :'( :'( :'(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhhh I'm so jelly you have it!! The packaging is gorgeouss. Would love to own something from it. :(

      Delete
  11. omgoodness the packaging is absolutely cute!!! the colour looks so good on you!!! thank you for this post, you have such a cute blog~!!

    ♥ whimsicalityindisguise.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks for the comment hun!!

      Delete
  12. I was really anticipating for this collection too and was scared that it was going to come out when I was gone on my trip but luckily it didn't! I only got one lip stick, Sail La Vie but I'm soooo tempted to get one of the blushes because it reminds me of Nars orgasm but more peachy! You look sooo cute and pretty as usual!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sail La Vie is a great colour! :)

      And thanks hun :D

      Delete
  13. Red Racer is my favorite color
    I can see why it's so popular :D
    I just love the theme of this new collection
    and your photoshopped hat of course

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahah thank you!!! Red Racer is a beautiful shade of red. And you can't go wrong with a sailor theme!!

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to read, and comment! I'll be sure to comment back asap. ;) Have a nice day! Xo.