Friday, June 15, 2012

Miley Cyrus

Probably one of the most random-est topic I have chosen to blog about.

Disclaimer: If you're a super obsessive Miley fan, you might not like what I have to say at first. But feel free to leave me hate comments or anything ridiculous for me to read. Thanks!

I remember when Hannah Montana first came on when I was in Grade 9. I grew up in the era of Lizzie McGuire & That's So Raven, and I absolutely could not understand why this show was so popular. 



1) The story line is okay, but the jokes were so cheesy and weren't that funny.
2) Horrible acting, especially from the main character. Too exaggerated, and fake.
3) Miley sounds like a man.
4) Her smiles makes me cringed.
5) She can't sing, or act. (Can relate a bit to number #2.)

So it's obvious, I hated the fucking show and Miley Cyrus. And no, I'm not jealous of her.  I do not want to be her. Except when she dated Nick Jonas, ha!

Miley is the type of girl that you love to hate. (Sorry Miley fans!) Every time she makes a mistake, people love to blow it up like she bombed a country or something.

I'm not gonna lie, I enjoyed seeing her being hated on. Cause I couldn't understand why this girl is so popular for. Although her show did quite incredible (especially compared to the other shows), I thought she was so mediocre compared to Demi & Selena. She had no charms, no talents, and not the greatest look. (True hater right here.) And her mistakes just made me hate her more cause I thought they were so 'silly' and unnecessary.


Vanity Fair Shot


- Her scandalous bra-underwear leaked photo
- Stripper pole dance at Teen Choice Awards
- Her slutty wardrobe & need to show skin
- Vanity Fair Picture Scandal
- Saliva bong scandal
She was 17 here at a concert, damn those abs!


"Can't be Tamed" at Much Music Awards

"She's just being a normal teenager!"

Yes, that may be true.

"Weren't you 16 before?"

Also yes, and I'm actually the same age as her and never related to her actions -back then. Now, at 19, I totally understand the joy of showing off skin and to be sexier. LOL

But the huge difference is she works for fucking Disney. Disney represents all rainbows, and sunshine, and she herself is a role model for millions. Am I saying she must stick to her goody-girl image forever? No. She could have at least waited till she was 18 and older. I didn't understand her need to become so sexual, and to strip off her Disney image at such a young age when still starring as Hannah Montana. I know, it's not like her actions directly affect me, but these are the reasons why I don't support her nor respect her.

She was being so try-hard to grow up. -_-



Here's a quote from Selena Gomez that she has said recently regarding a role in the hyped up novel, 50 Shades of Grey.  

"I only read the beginning of it, because when they told me about the [Funny Or Die skit], I didn't know. So I started to read it, and I was like, 'Oh, this is spicy.' So I thought it was good, it was intriguing. Obviously, it's working, so the skit was really funny… I know I'm taking risks, but I don't think I could [play the part of Ana in a film adaptation]. That would be a little too much for me. I think someone older should do that part." -Selena Gomez

Okay, I am super biased when it comes to Selena and maybe I should type up another post on how much I love her. But I love, love, love the way she handles herself. She has such charms, and elegance. She's recently taking more risks in terms of films by slowly moving away from teeny-booper movies, but she is not pushing so hard as if she has completely forgotten her younger fan base.

My model growing up was Hilary Duff. And she did an amazing job of transition. It probably was not easy! But I understood her need to do different films as she grew up. I understand being a role-model is hard cause you are sort of thrust into the role without even being asked if you want it or not, but hey you're making millions, don't complain!!

Ok fine, money does not solve all problems. But maybe a Louie Vuitton bag should satisfy that crave for awhile. No? Alrights fine.


Of course, who am I to judge Ms. Miley Cyrus? I am not in her million dollar shoes.

I must admit though, she is growing up to be one beautiful woman. I especially am fond of her luscious locks. *envy

One of my most favourite dress of hers. So feminine, and classy! 

A recent pic of her, she's 19 now so those ta-tas don't bother me as much. Show the world what you've got, girl!

I give credit when it is due though. Although her Hannah Montana acting was mediocre, and she didn't have the greatest voice, this girl was an amazing performer. At least, I can tell she has the potential to be.

Although majority of her album "Can't be Tamed" was mostly focus on her new image, and the dark sexy music video itself, it was just too bad the press didn't focus on her other songs. I actually quite enjoyed most of them, and there were deeper significant reasons in them as well. I really liked Liberty Walk & Permanent December. Again, trying too hard to shred off that Disney image which took spotlight away from the other things. -_-

But what exactly made me start to like her?

She's actually been quite MIA from the spotlight for the past year or so, which I think was a smart move on her part. I was never really fond of her fashion (it was either slutty, rocker chic, etc.), but I follwed this tumblr anyways: Miley Cyrus Fashion

For a while, almost everyday on my Dashboard, I saw pictures of Miley Cyrus working out:



Okay, girl clearly has a rocking bod and is working hard for it. She's definitely has been inspiring me to get on that treadmill. -And also wear crop tops! ^_^

I cannot put down any person that works hard, no matter the result. She's trying, and I'm not.

So +10 points for her.





I come to really like her sense of style right now. It's very casual, and effortless chic. And she surely knows how to dress her banging new bod!! I'm so jelly of her abs.




Even before she disabled her old Twitter account, I always found her tweets quite interesting. Quite normal for a teen, but enjoyable to read. Nowadays, she seems to be some kind of modern hippie and emphasize alot on the importance of Love and Happiness. Cliché right? But reading these tweets make you desire these feelings, and it has inspired me to become a more positive person.

But possibly the number one reason that won me over was her strong belief in being yourselfand having the courage to stick to your true self.

"I'm sick of feeling as if I owe someone an apology for being who I am." - Miley Cyrus

Now I understood her more. Sure, she made a lot of mistakes that I am sure she isn't that proud of. But all those actions made her who she is today. A humble, hard-working, grateful beautiful human being that has set her priorities straight. Miley often gets alot of attacks, and hate in the tabloids and Internet. And seeing that proves how strong she truly is. Cause throughout all the criticisms and hateful judgements, she learned to ignore all that and continued being the person who she wants to be. She did not change herself to please other.


So even though Miley was my least favourite Disney star, whom I had shamefully judged in the past; has quickly risen to the top of my list because of who she is.

I'm sorry Miley, for hating on you. :(

She's just gotten engaged, and I couldn't be more happy for her! Success and Happiness truly is the best revenge.


I wish the best for both of them. :)

12 comments:

  1. I'm a few years older than you, but by the time these shows with Miley, Hilary, etc had started coming on when I was in high school, I had stopped watching TV altogether, so I'm not familiar with them, other than what other say. Personally, I have always hated teenybopper/youth-like shows(I grew up watching adult shows like Seinfeld and News Radio, so by the time I was 13, I had moved way beyond kiddy shows).

    They stars of these shows are equally annoying to me, but here are the pluses: Miley Cyrus has a super hot dad, and I like Selena Gomez's music. I can't come up with anything good for Hilary Duff though, partly b/c I think she looks a little like a man (sry to hate on your role model though). I also understand your comment about Miley being risque for a Disney actress, but I've found that Disney cartoons and movies are riddled with sexual innuendos anyway, so I guess this isn't really that big of a deal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOLOLO Miley has a super hot dad. xD Yeahh Selena ain't no real singer or anything but she's def one of those artists with infectious pop music. Not necessary good, but it's catchy.

      Hahah I take no offense in that Hilary comment. xD

      I guess that's true about the sexual innuedos, but Miley is a bit too straight-forward with her sexually for me.

      Delete
  2. its k if u changed ur mind about her
    cause poeple do change we change and also her
    I also ahd same idea about her I mean for me as arabic person seeing a teen dressing like that and acting like that its quite shocking
    but at least she is who she is and shes not pretending
    as u said wish her happiness in her relation
    cheers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeahh true! People change, it's part of life. :)

      Delete
  3. -___- there's something about her that i don't like. maybe it's because the media keeps showing that she's skanky? lol... idk.

    omg selena gomez in 50 shades of grey... good GOD i'm happy she turned down the rolse for ana. that is so disturbing! lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeahh!! I know what you mean, Miley is always mostly in the news for the negativity. xD

      Delete
  4. I really enjoyed reading those post! Mainly because I don't keep up with celebrities but I think the post was really well written especially for how long it was! Of course I enjoyed the photos lol

    Disney is actually full of dark humour. One of the first comic strips released had a plot where Minnie dumped Mickey for another mouse and it showed Mickey attempting various forms of suicide =S Also Disney produced propaganda for the war. However I feel that it is important to understand the time when these things took place because they surely would not in this day and age. Anyways, sorry for this super loooooong random comment hahaha

    P.s I had problem trying to follow your blog, hopefully it's all cleared up now ><

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wooow I need to look up these Disney comic!! Sounds very interesting. O_O!!!

      Ooo omg I hope that fixes itself soon. -_-

      Thanks for your comment <3

      Delete
  5. Thanks for this post! It was an interesting read. I grew up with Hilary Duff too and though I found it odd when she suddenly changed from her Disney image, I found Miley a carbon copy of her and didn't like her initially. She isn't a bad person though, it's just a pity that she's been in the limelight more for the bad and undesirable things over the good ones!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very good point about Mliey's mistakes being more brutally highlighted than her good ones! And thanks Shen. :)

      Delete
  6. I am definitely of a different era from you seeing that you grew up with all these shows. Oops... I'm old yes I know. I must say I really enjoyed reading this post coz it is written with great maturity. I do not think a Miley fan would write you hate comments for it. In fact, they should read on and see what you have to say that made you alter your impression on her and praise you for your maturity in writing.

    Thanks to you too, I have a slight alteration in my opinion on Selena Gomez. I do not bother to read much about her but her bubblegum autotuned songs and her being with Justin Bieber just sorta gave me negative impression. I'm quick to judge but hey I didn't hate her. lol

    PS: Thank you for your prayers for my mum's recovery.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks alot for your comment! I didn't get any hate on this post yet surprisingly. :) But then I turn anonymous option off so not like they have the balls to comment anyawys.

      Hahahaha do you like Justin Bieber??

      And you're welcome, I hope she is better now!!! <3

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to read, and comment! I'll be sure to comment back asap. ;) Have a nice day! Xo.