Thursday, June 28, 2012

Sexism.


The guy who shared this picture on my Facebook wrote "HAHAHA all you woman read this shit" accompanying it.

Well all you boys & girls here, read MY shit.

At first you may find it a bit entertaining, and perhaps even agree with the wise guy. Hmm, he has a point. You think to yourself.

Well I am here to prove how sexist his comment still is, and to defend all the females that were offended by it.

To the Male that created this: I bet you thought you were a pretty smart man when you made up this. Thought fuck yeah, I'm going to shut these bitches up. Well here's my 'fuck you too' for you. Sorry, but you ain't as wise as you hoped you are.

Let's start off with the stereotypes that I'm familiar with.

Boys: Calm, cool, collected creatures who are supposedly good with handy skills. Oh, and are also unknown to showers, disorganized, and like to eat. They like to play online video games, and drink alcohol.

Women: Beautiful creatures, who may have irritating behaviours, and if they ever are, it means they are on their period. Their skills specializes in cleaning, caring for the kids, and cooking. Apparently especially in making sandwiches.

Defense #1
Origin of the phrase:

"The catchphrase “Make me a sandwich”, sometimes deliberately mistyped “Make me a sammich”, is a common reply for mocking female posters all over the internet, either to discredit or annoy them. It’s openly and intentionally sexist, and usually follows feminist claims of any kind.".....[source]

100% of the time, if not, 99.99%, guys say this to me whole-heartedly meaning to make a sexist comment. I could have all the qualities of a guy, but they would still say this just because I lack a penis between my legs. 

What are the situations I've been in that results in this comment?

In game when I tell the other players I'm a girl.

"Get back in the kitchen!"

"Go make me a sandwich."  

"You must be fat and ugly!"

Yeah, yawn. Same old story bro. 

And whenever I tell a group of boys I'm making my lunch, one without fail will tell me to make them a sandwich as well. LOL Even though I'm not making a fucking sandwich. I don't take this as a huge offense, but either way, the comment is still implied as sexist. If a guy were to claim he's fixing himself a meal, no one would ask him for a sandwich because guys can't cook, right? Duh.

The only time that would fall in the 0.01% is when I said I was making myself a sandwich, and someone said they wanted one as well. I'm pretty sure they meant it as a sexist comment deep, deep down. But probably wants the sandwich more. :D

Other than these situations, they mean to offend me.

Why a sandwich.

If you were really hungry, and wanted me to cook you something. A non-sexist man would ask for a bowl of noodles, perhaps a plate of pasta, or simply to 'make him a meal, please.' Like why settle on just a sandwich when I can cook you other things since I'm so fucking good at cooking? You're offending my women pride with the variety of meals I can make. :(


It's a demand, not a request.

Even though it looks like majority of the time, us women like to blow up on small things without reason, that's not true. We don't get mad because you simply asked us to make you a sandwich, we get mad because you are demanding it as if we are entitled to serve your lazy ass.

Even though the photo says 'asks to make a sandwich' well ha-ha in reality, all I hear is "Go make me a sandwich!" not "Can you please make me a sandwich?' There's a difference douchebag and we can tell when you're being sexist or not.


"I fix her shit cuz I'm good at it. You're good at making sandwiches."

How would you know? All because I have a vagina doesn't mean I'm good at it. Heck, I never made anyone a sandwich besides myself. (Yeah, I'm not very wifey material trololol) And btw, I make very shitty sandwiches. I slap a slice of ham and cheese, and I'm done. No fancy smancy stuff. 

All because women are 'supposed' to do the cooking in the house, doesn't mean we're all necessarily good at it. #badargument

But I do make pretty decent gyozas/dumplings. Just saying. :)

Men are good at fixing.

So you're saying that all guys are good at fixing computers/cars? Even though that can be true, does it also mean that all females cannot fix their own computers/cars? Sexism-ception.

Either way if you don't fix it, we'll happily take your credit card to the mechanic. And have fun sleeping on the couch tonight with your hand. *Shrugs

But what got me really mad were the comments, made by girls.


I understand that with the first few read, the guy did seem to have made a valid point. But I'm sorry agreeing with the guy when you're a female doesn't make you 'cool.' 

Check out how many guys liked the third comment.


Of course it would be majority of guys right? *facepalm

Okay I'm sure these girls didn't purposely agree with them because they wanted to appeal to a guy, but because they didn't read deep enough into the picture like I clearly have... lol. But please girls, have some more pride in yourself and know when you're being attacked!!

The reason we claim it's sexist is because it is used in a sexist way. Not because we don't want to make you a sandwich. It's the way guys use the phrase that makes us blow up.

Let's see who gets hurt more, me without a sexist boyfriend, or you without a girlfriend to make you a sandwich. I'm sure I can attract another man easily because I'm so fucking good at making sandwiches, and find one that will appreciate me without having to degrade my womanity. 

It's 2012, I don't need a man to define me. But you on the other hand, needs a stomach to be fed.

But hey, who am I to argue with a guy who spells 'cause' like 'cuz.' #grammarnazi :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read, and comment! I'll be sure to comment back asap. ;) Have a nice day! Xo.