Saturday, October 27, 2012

Maybelline EYESTUDIO Color Explosion

I've been wanting to do this post for so long!!

I love make up just as much as the next beauty blogger, but I just don't know how to properly review them. It's so damn hard to take decent photos of the product, the swatches (showcasing the most acurate shade), AND taking pictures beauty shots of yourself with it. I don't know how you ladies do it! :X So will this be a review? Not exactly. I just want to share to you one of my favourite product to use at the moment. :D

My #1 beauty obsession would be: eyeshadows.

I love, love, love looking at the vibrant beautiful colours even though I know I will have a hard time finding occasions to use them.

I own wayy too many palettes ranging from the two famous NAKED palettes, to shitty Sephora ones. But for some reason, as I was walking down the aisles of a drugstore, I felt that I needed a small neutral eyeshadow quad for those 'on-the-go' moments. Yeah, I'm just finding an excuse to buy more eyeshadows lol. 

So I picked up this quad from Maybelline:

Maybelline EYESTUDIO Color Explosion in CAFFEINE RUSH.

I'm guessing Maybelline is my favourite drugstore brand because it seems I tend to purchase the most cosmetics from it. (Especially their mascaras.)




Three of the colours out of the five are shimmers, and they all blend very beautifully together. The top gold colour (I know it looks a bit pale in the picture.) has a cream-like texture. I never worked with cream-based eyeshadows before so it is fun to use. But I must admit, it's my least used colour in this quad. :X Probably because I don't know how to properly apply them on.

But everything else, I use it all for one look everyday. The bottom white colour is excellent as a base for your lid, and as a highlighter. Then I dip in my brush, and use the brown shades on my crease! My most favourite colour is the one on the left (light orange-brown shade) which I use to blend out the colours together.


Swatches on my hand. Look how pigmented they are! I am very, very impressed. 



Here is a better more precise view of the colours. Especially the gold one on the top.

Is it just me or have drugstore products raise their prices? This quad retails for $12.99CAD which I don't exactly think is the cheapest. But then, the high quality is very admirable, and impressive. I did pick up another quad from this line in Blow Blowout, but I got it half-priced on sale for $6.99CAD :D



I have not yet used this palette, so it is still sitting on my make up desk waiting to be played with. I don't normally use blue eyeshadows but this quad looks soo pretty!!



Main reason why I grabbed this palette was for this silver shade. Can't wait to try it out!!

Maybe I can do amazing looks with it, and post some pics. ;)

14 comments:

  1. The first one def. reminds me of the Naked palette~ Very pretty!

    xoxo
    EV
    eviiarty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yeah ! But then prob all neutrals remind you of NAKED. xD

      Delete
  2. Love these colors! I've been meaning to get new eyeshadow, but yes, the first one does remind me of NAKED!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't get enough of eyehadows!! I will always buy them. I got too much. ._.

      Delete
  3. I love the palette!! :)
    New follower here!
    ♥,
    Shari
    The Misty Mom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for following! :) Checking out your blog now. ;)

      Delete
  4. Love the caffiene rush palette! Pretty colors and very pigmented! Thanks for the swatches, new follower here :) Follow back if you want!

    http://letskisstomakeup.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the first one...so beautiful colors.*_*
    Maybe follow each other???
    My Blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. Replies
    1. I agree!! Thanks for the comment :)

      Delete
  7. hi! I'm your new follower, mind to check out my blog and follow me back?^^

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to read, and comment! I'll be sure to comment back asap. ;) Have a nice day! Xo.