Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Invest in Experiences, Not Things




I have returned.

After a good three weeks away from blogging.

It's been so long, but I'm back and have quite a bit of things to write about. *cheers* (all which would be separated into different blog posts.)

  • New Hair Colour
  • My 21st Birthday Party
  • My friend's 21st Birthday Party

So look forward to those in the upcoming weeks. ^^"

Back to main topic discussion of this post.

I casually mentioned recently that I no longer have a job, I quit back in the beginning of October so income is scarce. But I am coming back to that job for a week during Boxing Week aka the busiest time of the year/hell. And I also have a "side job" (no it's nothing related to being a hooker) as a promo girl. I like how it's so flexible since they would give me a set of dates & time and I can choose which one I am available for. On the plus side, it pays a lot better than minimum wage. Woohoo!

For the month of November, I was dared not able to buy anything for myself. Or face the consequences of having to cook dinner for a whole week. Hell fucking no thanks! I was determined to get through it, and it's not like I had the $$$ to go on a spree anyway.

Come December, and I still haven't bought anything for myself. It's not cause I've gone crazy, there's nothing to buy, or I've stopped by shopping habit, but because I'm saving up for something much, much greater......



VEGAS!!!



ASDASJDOIWEDJAIOSDSDANLKNKNFLSFJD!


Can you read that? It's how excited I am. :DDD

I can't believe I am going with my closest girlfriends!! I've been thinking about travelling a lot this year, and was pretty bummed my Orlando Disneyland trip in summer never came to fruition. My Instagram feed is always filled with groups of friends partying at Vegas, and a lot of customers come into our store [when I worked] looking for their "Vegas shoes." I secretly always envied them... I didn't think I had a group of friends that would be interested in going, and wasn't sure if my parents would let me go. Well now I can get MY OWN Vegas shoes. You can say it's a dream come true!! :)

If you are a Britney Spears fan like myself, you would have heard about her 2-year Vegas Residency that is starting right after Christmas, December 26.

And as much as I would LOVE it so much right now to be able to say, I'M GOING TO HER SHOW.... I'm not. :( Spending Christmas away from family just ain't right. But good thing it is a two year stint so that only means,VEGAS ROUND 2. But yes, I shouldn't get too ahead of myself now. Let's hope I survive the first trip first before thinking of others.

We'll be going the week right before Christmas, and coming back right smack on the 23rd. I can't believe that's a bit more than week from now! Shit, I should start packing. I don't want to be a last minute packer now.

What Vegas, and No-Shop November has taught me is how insignificance materialistic items are. (Damn, I have gone crazy..) Although when I enter a mall, I find so, so many things that I like but I no longer have the urge to impulse shop any more. And as much as it would be lovely to possess them, I would rather save up my money for really amazing things: Travelling & Experiences. 

There's so many other places I want to go within the next few years, one of the big ones being Japan. And what better time to start saving up later than 10 years ago now.

 
I'm gonna try to update my blog as much as I can to make up for the hiatus AND the upcoming vacation. 

2 comments:

  1. Can't wait to read more updates from you :3 Been a while Miss!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like your blog! Thanks for the comment. <3

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to read, and comment! I'll be sure to comment back asap. ;) Have a nice day! Xo.