Saturday, December 14, 2013

It's a Birthday Celebration!




One of my biggest regrets that I did on this site is not blogging about my birthday. I've had three birthdays so far since I've created this blog, but I always got too lazy to write out and edit the massive amount of photos that accumulate from an event like this. (Why am I a blogger??)

But this year shall be different. As you can [hopefully] see I've been putting in a lot more effort to update frequently.



I love menus with a nice quote!

Birthdays are a very fragile thing. It's a very sensitive day. You get the biggest sparks of joy when someone takes the time to wish you a happy birthday, and a tinge of offence and hurt when someone forgets. (At least that's how I feel.) I feel that birthdays are a wonderful way to determined who are your true friends. So if you want to stay in my good side, you better remember my damn birthday!! And I don't have Facebook any more to remind you. :P

I turned the big 2-1 this year. AKA I can legally enter clubs and drink alcohol in the United States, just in time for Vegas next week!

One of my downfall is doing things last minute. (I will most likely be packing last minute for my trip as well.) And one of the cons about having a birthday in December is booking reservations for a big party because many companies are having their Christmas dinners as well. I'm happy to see that this year, many high-end restaurants have incorporated a way for you to book your events ONLINE, instead of having to call in. You simply put in the # of your party, date, time, and the computer will generate if that option is available for you or not. :D Most of my options were declined since 7pm is such a popular time. I was freaking out and was cursing myself for procrastinating for a good couple of days. That is until I found out that you can actually find a list of restaurants available at the time of your choice on urbanspoon.com! The Internet is just getting more and more amazing. And I'm really loving whoever created OpenTable.com to make the process of making reservations a whole lot easier.

The choice I ended up making was a beautiful European restaurant, Chambar.

Lovely name isn't it?

The setting was really romantic and relaxing -a great place for a date with a beau! ;) The restaurant was a bit loud though if you were thinking of having a first date there and it would be hard to hear them...

Onwards to the pictures!






Affligem, the drink she got me. It tastes similar to Sapporo. Pretty good!






BFF. :-) (Btw Mickey if you ever see this.. I tried to photoshop the hair out of your face, and add more volume, better thank me!)




Not a lot of food pics in this post, but my meal was fantastic! It's their main dish I believe, L'entrecote Grilee. I was not very found of their kale chips (?) though. I dream of the day I can taste this delicious meat again. *drools*




CHOCOLATE CREAM BRULEE? *DIE*


Proudly rocking that asian flush.


No birthday cake candles so we improvised...


We, we, we so happy!



KATY PERRY!! Been waiting to get my hands on this since the release date but I specifically requested my cousin to get it for me. I love how positive her album is and it brightens up my mornings easily. 

Let's touch on another important topic: 

THE DRESS.



I remember when I first laid my eyes on Selena's dress at the 2012 Billboard Music Awards. I was in awe, fascinated, in love, and not to mention very, very envious. I consider myself quite good at finding fashion duplicates. Another hobby you can say. And although I've found very interesting and amazing dupes over the past year, I never dreamed I would get a dress nearly as close as her custom-made Dolce & Gabbana dress. [It must feel so good to be rich & famous with connections to top designers.] But one day a week before my birthday, when I was at my downtown Forever 21, [not even looking for my birthday dress btw, and I'm known for starting my search two months early] I saw this black dress on the mannequin. The leg slits, the side cutouts, to the halter top, EVEN TO THE DAMN KNOT IN THE MIDDLE, it's basically the exact same dress.



ZOMG.



I LOVE FOREVER 21!! (Can I get sponsored now lol?)

Too bad I didn't take more full outfit pictures along with my Cinderella birthday shoes. That's another tip for next year, choose a restaurant with brighter lighting and room! I loved Chambar, service was fantastic but it was a bit of a pain to move around and take pictures since it was so squishy.

That's the end of the first birthday post! (There may be more from another day depends if I have the time to edit more pics, *ahem)

Hope you enjoyed it. xoxo

1 comment:

  1. :( am sorry :( happy late birthday are we still friends? :p

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to read, and comment! I'll be sure to comment back asap. ;) Have a nice day! Xo.